Joss Whedon Saves the day!

Leave a Comment


Joss Whedon is most commonly known and respected as the creative genius and creator of the hugely successful Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series, and director of Marvel's dream team in The Avengers and sequel Age of Ultron. He also has a ton of other credits to his name such as Cabin in the woods, Firefly and Toy Story, so I figured some tips from the man himself might just  save the day!

1) "If somebody is in a story, they need to be there for a reason, and not just to set up somebody else's story."


2) "Everything I write tends to turn into a superhero team, even if I didn't mean for it to. I always start off wanting to be solitary, because a) it's simpler, and b) that isolation is something that I relate to as a storyteller. And then no matter what, I always end up with a team."


3) "On one level, I must never lose touch with my audience. But I must, at some point, stop trying to get everybody to like me, and be true to the thing I think I need to say."

4) "I always believe in just have as much fun as you can so that when you're in the part that you hate, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, that you're close to finished."

5) “I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. ”


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Recent comments

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig