7 Steven Spielberg Filmmaking secrets

Leave a Comment
From the legendary man behind ET, Poltergeist, Indiana Jones, Jaws and Jurassic Park (to name a few) comes 7 of his best filmmaking secrets:


1) "My imagination won’t turn off. I wake up so excited I can’t eat breakfast. I’ve never run out of energy."


2) "All good ideas start out as bad ideas, that why is takes so long."


3) "You can't start a movie by having the attitude that the script is finished, because if you think the script is finished, your movie is finished before the first day of shooting."


4) "People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don't have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning."


5) "I don't make unconventional stories; I don't make non-linear stories. I like linear storytelling a lot."


6) "Before I go off and direct a movie I always look at 4 films. They tend to be: "Seven Samurai" ("Seven Samurai"); "Lawrence of Arabia"; "It's a Wonderful Life" and "The Searchers".

7) "Audiences are harder to please if you're just giving them special effects, but they're easy to please if it's a good story. The audience is also the toughest critic - a good story that exists in your world may not be the first choice for an audience. So I just do the best I can."




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Recent comments

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig